Brighton & Hove Music & Arts - Young Musicians Bursary Fund
As part of Brighton of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival, Brighton & Hove Music and Arts is a Charity. Throughout the year, we fund-raise to enable us to offer bursaries to help make music accessible and affordable. Parents/Carers of pupils attending Brighton & Hove Maintained Schools (Local Authority Schools, Academies and Free Schools) can apply for a range of bursaries towards the cost of tuition. Bursaries are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to meeting financial criteria, for one activity each year, or part of a year. All bursary awards are subject to sufficient funds being available.
100% bursary is available for Looked After Children
70% bursary is available if you are receiving:
• Income Support
• Pension credit
• Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
• Income Based Employment Support Allowance
• Child Tax Credit with entitlement to free school meals - you can check if you are entitled to free school meals by going to www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/onlinefreeschoolmeals
30% bursary is available if you are receiving:
• Working Tax Credit where the reduction due to your income in "Part 2: How we work out your tax credits", is zero.
If you wish to apply for either the 70% or 30% bursary, you need to attach the following pages from your 2019-20 Tax Credit Award to your application:
• The front cover
• The page which gives details of your household earned income
• Part 2 which shows how your Working Tax Credit is calculated if you receive it.
If you are receiving Universal Credit, please email us all pages of your 3 most recent monthly statements and we will be able to let you know if you are eligible to receive a subsidy.
We are unable to refund retrospectively if you do not apply for a bursary at the time you apply for tuition. Please remember to enclose your documents as we will need them in order to process your application.
Please let us know if your circumstances change.
If your child attends one of our music centre activities bursaries are also available.
Our Young Musician Bursaries are kindly supported by the Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation.