Are you interested in Arts Award, or are you already doing Arts Award? This page
will give you some ideas of activities which we offer that can count towards your
Arts Award. Please feel free to show this page to your parents/ carers,
teachers/ teaching assistants, and Arts Award Advisers to help think about how
you can get involved.
What is Arts Award?
• a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
• offered at five levels, four accredited and one introductory award, Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold (see below)
• a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
• an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
• a link between young people and creative arts professionals
The five Arts Award levels
You can start at any level and there is no time limit.
The five Arts Award levels:
5 levels list removed as upgrade requirement
To make things easier for you, we have decided to divide BHMA activities into four headings which occur throughout most Arts Award levels:
Under each heading is a table of the Arts Award Level and Unit connected to the theme, and a list of BHMA activities which we offer that could count towards your Arts Award.